Nativity of Our Lord Parish was established on June 04th, 1962, by His Eminence James Cardinal McGuigan, Archbishop of Toronto, to serve the spiritual needs of the growing Catholic population in the new subdivision of west-central Etobicoke. Fr. John Moyer was appointed as the first pastor and was given the task of organizing the community and building the necessary facilities. With hard work, he completed the present buildings in two years: the Church, the Church Hall and the Rectory. Our parish was blessed and dedicated on June 07th, 1964. Within these two years, our population grew from 150 to 1250 people. Steady growth continues and we now number about 2000 registered parishioners.
The Parish has various organizations and ministries serving the spiritual and social development of parishioners of all ages: young children, young adults, adults and seniors. Details about each of these organizations and ministries are found inside this brochure. We welcome new active parishioners. For more information, please contact the parish office.
We encourage all Catholic families to identify their parish community and register themselves in that parish, thereby opening doors to active participation in various spiritual and social activities relating to their family and their community. All sacraments (Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation) are available to all registered members of the parish.